TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 51st Junior Orange Bowl, U12 & U14

View Single Post

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #64
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 51st Junior Orange Bowl, U12 & U14

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
Gabby Price is only 9 years-old
Already some videos hyping her, seems like there is a ton of pressure being put on her, hopefully it won't be detrimental

This youtube video has over 300,000 views already...

She looks pretty impressive, but Greer Glodjo looked impressive at seven, and now at 12 she lost in the first round of the qualification, and of course we have Alexus Jones, who is doing absolutely nothing, after years of hyping (it's true that Alexus hyping was based in nothing because she avoided to play any big tournament for her age). And we have the future of male american tennis, Jan Kristian Silva, who is nowhere to be found right now
So, if i was her father of this girl, who obviously has great potential, i would try to not expose her so young, i know there is the temptation to cash on the hype (i was suprised at how much sponsors very young girls have, i know at least two young spanish girls being sponsored by big firms, and one of them looks impressive on video but didn't play any national tournament yet, she is 10 yo). Si it's better if they protect her, because something completly normal as losing to a same age player, could be devastating for someone who is treated like a future big champion from very young.
Anyway, is nice seeing someone so young doing well on such important tournameent (but the if we look at the past, we have a great eddie herr by a 9 year old a bunch of years before, it was Miebi Iyeyemi and she did absolutely nothing after that, but Miebi had a lot of familiar problems, hopefully Gabby will be different)
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote