TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

View Single Post

Old Dec 18th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #26
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

Yes, a fast start is crucial for her, and one has to beliee she can do it. Gosh, she looks so super-fit and has worked so hard.

I will be crossing fingers for good draws in Winter/Spring for her. If she can nab one Oz Open win, that would be marvelous, but we would all like to see a string of wins, of course ;-).

She simply cannot be sidetracked by lower-ranked players like Larriere, last year, for example. That match is online, and for students of Mirjana's game, watching it is a lesson in how her focus has betrayed her in certain matches.

I hope Prpic is helping her mentality, along with any technical issues, and I hope she really has fun out there and finds that next level.

I believe that, when Mirjana finds that next level, it will not be a leap from #105 to just #75 or 80.

It really will be a leap into the Top 50. The talent is there, the hard work is there.

Gosh, I hope the stars align for her ... And for her fans.

And yes, the more clay the better. But I could absolutely see Mirjana breaking out and winning an entire event like Memphis.

Best of luck, Lucic-Baroni. She's still young and determined, and I have to admire it.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote