TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Biggest Romanian Choke of 2012

View Single Post

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #12
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Biggest Romanian Choke of 2012

The decision has been made.

Irina-Camelia Begu crested her topsy-turvy year with another title, probably the biggest one in her collection.

More than twice the amount of votes than fellow choking sister Sorana left no doubts about the correctness of her victory. Begu clinched the trophy with a sensational 8MP choke against Francesca Schiavone in R2 of Rosmaelen this year. In this match Begu led by an early break in the decider, wasted a GP to go up 5-2, but still found herself 6-0 up in the deciding set tiebreak she eventually lost by 8-10.

Irina-Camelia

Quote:
I'm happy to thank all my fans for their loyal votes, it's definitely a big honour for me to be awarded Romanian choker of the year 2012. I had some really tough competition, especially Sorana made it quite tough for me, but in the end I still had the edge over her. I'm already looking forward to the next year and will do my best to defend this title. Thank you all.