TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Predictions for 2013

View Single Post

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #8
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predictions for 2013

Yanina: Yanina's A-game is certainly worth top-20. For that she needs to be 100%, both physically and mentally. Unfortunately that wasn't the case last year and because she doesn't really have a B-game the difference between an in-form and out-form Yanina is huge. In the past I thought she should work on a B-game, but now I'm convinced she should just keep working on getting the details of her A-game better. She should win at least one tournament and get to the second week of 3/4 GS's.
Flipkens: She should definately keep going annoying all players with her slices, top-spins, drops... If she does that she can even beat top-players on a lesser day. I hope she can move on to top-32 so she is seeded at grand-slams. If she can repeat the end of 2012, 2013 will be very exciting!
Van Uytvanck: I hope for a break-through year for her. She has the game to get in the top-100, but I fear 2013 will be too early so I'm going to say top-150. I hope she stops playing 10K's and concentrates on higher ranked challengers. She should at least win one big challenger and make the second round of 2 WTA-tournaments.
Hendler: Still young so I hope she finally learns, but I don't think she realises what opportunities and what a great life she has and can have in the future. I have the feeling she's just not tough enough on herself and is not even getting 25% out of her game. Her goal should be top-200, but I fear she will take the easy route and will just stop all together.
Mestach: see Alison. If no physical worries, she can take her game some steps further again.
Bonaventure: Playing 10K's should be getting an exception. Start beging consistent in 25K's. Win some 25K and start playing the higher challengers if all goes well. Top-250.
Benoit: No idea! Keep building on the last part of 2012. Win some 10K's to get the ranking higher in the first part of the season. Start playing 25K's and win one of them. Top-350.

I hope for a breakthrough (top750) for at least 1, maybe 2 youngsters/new players so we will have some interesting names for 2014! And I hope Irina Khromachava will ask Belgian nationality so she can be included in next year's list :-)
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote