TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #66
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

So glad Kim came back in 2009. Now I think she's timed it absolutely right to retire both from a family and a tennis point of view. Her body can't stand up to the physical demands of the tour any more and I wouldn't like to see her reduced to playing a tournament, out through injury, coming back and out again etc another year. I always think that give it a year from when you were at the top to confirm you have achieved all you can and then that's the perfect time to retire from a tennis point of view. And I think that's exactly what has happened.

She can be very proud of her career. And she gave it all she could and put right that slam count before 2007 which just didn't do justice to how good she actually was. Nice win against Venus but exhos and playing a full season on the tour are completely different ball games.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote