TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #65
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
Almost every thread seems to end up as a bickering centre between posters. It's beyond my comprehension how a lot of people can be so cold towards a player of Kim Clijsters' quality and a person of such clear kindness and warmth. Let's face facts she returned when women's tennis was dull, uninspired and in a slump, she provided a great story and brought the game back to life and she won 3 more Grand Slams - what a remarkable achievement!

It's sad that she's leaving when this last year she couldn't compete at anywhere near her best and if she stayed on could perhaps have had a few more good Slam runs but hey she's made up her mind and it was great that she could say goodbye in Belgium where both herself and Justine ignited a humongous interest in the sport and hopefully in the near future we'll see the champions they've inspired.
Very well said.. It's beyond my comprehension how anyone could sit behind a computer and spew such venom towards any professional tennis player.. I sometimes wonder about the ages of some of the posters here... Meanwhile, farewell Kim... You were great for the tour and will surely be missed... I'm so happy Miss Venus was there to share your special day
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote