Atheist, agnostic whatever. To make my own position clear:
- I no longer believe in a personal God and saviour although I used to.
- I think when you are dead that's it.
- I do not claim I'm right and others with their personal beliefs are wrong. I have no wish to impose my view on anyone else.
- I do have respect for other people's religious convictions.
- I've not looked into other religions apart from Christianity and have no desire to do so.
As far as an omnipresent impersonal creator - I'm open-minded on this. Science cannot disprove the existence of God. If you ask what or who started the big-bang, the answer you'll get from a physicist is that it is a meanigless question because time and space did not exist before the big-bang. And if there's no time - it is meaningless to put a question about "before
the big band". I suspect most people find that answer unsatisfactory. To be told that their question is meaningless as an answer usually riles most people up.