TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4610
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Perhaps it depends on just how much of an atheist you are....To digress,I personally feel that "pure atheists" are in a small minority(maybe 5% of those who profess);from my personal observation,the majority had a negative--in many cases,abusive--experience in organized religion and were pushed away by THAT,or they feel that,in general,it's intellectually inferior to belong to a religion;i.e.,deep down,they're not wholly convinced that no God exists,and I've noticed that they will internally 'explore',to some extent,with people of faith when some crisis or the finality of death approaches in their lives.
Here you bring a fundamental question: what is atheism? As you state, "pure atheist" (personally I would say real atheist) are in a small minority. Most people that are qualified as atheist, as most people who call themselves atheist, aren't atheist. Many are simply non-believers, others are agnostics, and some are religious believers who have cut ties with their Church. But they're not atheists.

I will not try to define atheism here, since many sites are doing it quite well, but the real atheist would never believe in any god or even in any form of supernatural.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!