TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #4603
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

On the subject of Americans, Europeans and religion - reminds me of something that happened several years ago. I was coming back in the plane from the States after staying with my sister and her children. She lives in the States.

Anyway I was on my own and next to this couple. And the lady asks me about my holiday, where I've been. And I tell her we went off to Mount Desert Island for a week and then she says she was also there and teaching the joys of a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. And then she asks me if I have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and I reply I used to believe but I don't anymore. And then she goes "Oh snatched away by the Prince of Darkness..." Anyway - she tries asking a few more questions to convert me back - but I have a book to read and I'm not really interested in this conversation. After a little while - she swaps places with the man she's with (who incidentally remained completely silent). She'd obviously given up on me as lost to the dark side and didn't want to sit next to me.

Anyway - I relayed the story to my sister when I got back. And she goes - why didn't you call the flight attendant and complain you were being harrassed? The thought never entered my head. That advice from both the lady on the plane and my sister I can quite happily ignore. It's obviously a huge generalisation but complaining like my sister would - is that more an American thing?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!