TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #61
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
Almost every thread seems to end up as a bickering centre between posters. It's beyond my comprehension how a lot of people can be so cold towards a player of Kim Clijsters' quality and a person of such clear kindness and warmth. Let's face facts she returned when women's tennis was dull, uninspired and in a slump, she provided a great story and brought the game back to life and she won 3 more Grand Slams - what a remarkable achievement!

It's sad that she's leaving when this last year she couldn't compete at anywhere near her best and if she stayed on could perhaps have had a few more good Slam runs but hey she's made up her mind and it was great that she could say goodbye in Belgium where both herself and Justine ignited a humongous interest in the sport and hopefully in the near future we'll see the champions they've inspired.
Seriously. This was a goodbye to one of the best and most popular players of this era, and I can only imagine that Venus agreed to participate out of respect and fondness for Kim. We should all be grateful to both of these wonderful athletes for what we have enjoyed over the years, and that they came together to show their appreciation for their fans.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote