TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #2902
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
This is great. And, it does count towards her age restriction
Cilic will be in Chennai. I hope Dodig plays
It doesn't count to her age restriction, it's not an event which she can earn ranking points. It's just an exhibition event, although it's arguably the most important exhibition tournament, there's a lot of prize money on offer. Some people say it's the only exhibition that Serena takes seriously

The only negative is she can't get any ranking points But seeing as it doesn't count to her age restriction I guess she can just play an extra tournament later in the year

The eight women who are scheduled to play are: Venus, Ivanovic, Schiavone, Petkovic, Medina Garrigues, Dellacqua, Scheepers and Johansson. Obviously one of those is no longer playing. I think if Donna repeats her Tashkent form she can beat Dellacqua and Johansson, maybe take sets from Scheepers and Medina Garrigues.

A Venus/Donna match would be a dream for tennismaster8820 Probably for Donna too, but her chances would be very slim