TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

View Single Post

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #69
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
What a lot of crap so Vika underestimated Maria in Stuttgart but this is in Stuttgart that Vika played a better match than all the previous and future meetings against Maria
Vika was simply outplayed in Stuttgart, admit it the stats speaks for themselves.
My words were "Maria was much too strong in Stuttgart" so where am i not admitting . To say that this was Vika's best match against Maria seems ridiculous to me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
As for US Open, it's funny cause you can come up with the Vika was tired in the YEC while in US you don't pay attention to the fact that after 2 three setter over Petrova and Bartoli, Maria's shape was also in poor condition she really was hitting Vika off the court in the first set before really DFing like crazy at the end if the first set and give hope to Vika to comeback in this one, Vika didn't do anything to break at 5-1 Maria basically gave her the game.

As for the last two sets, I will admit that Vika started moving a lot better, hitting harder too but you have to be blind to not see that Maria's shots weren't as fierce as they were in the first set, she was also all over the place she had many chances to win more than 2 games in this set but she was really up and down.
She missed 2 game points at 1-0, then missed a lot of break points at 1-3 then 2-4 as well and finally blew 3 game points in a row to go 3-5 for Vika, it would have been interesting to see Vika forced to close the second set but whatever.
In the last set she won 4 games purely on her will she couldn't even return to save her life.
I also mentioned in my post that underestimation and tiredness are no excuses and that Maria may have had cause not to play her best as well at times. What's done is done and we ended up 4-2. I don't see Vika folding next year so Maria would need to improve significantly on HC to turn this H2H around, i don't see that happen.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote