TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #4600
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I chose my words very poorly above;obviously,not all Europeans hate any form of religion,and you'll probably believe me when I say that I didn't mean that.My intent was more in line what you touched on in the latter part of your first paragraph: Europeans who belong to blogs and forums invariably despise not only religion but,usually,its adherents.Even THAT isn't a complete absolute but,as you've surely noticed,it seems to be an overwhelming majority
Well, you know what type of people assemble at internet forums. And most bloggers only blog because they have something to bitch about. I don't think that most Europeans hate religion as such, but many have a "fuck if I care" attitude towards it. And of course the countless stories of child abuse associated with the catholic church made even more people cynical about it all. The one thing that annoys me about religion is when believers claim some sort of moral superiority. The above example plus the fact that millions upon millions all throughout history have murdered in the name of god pretty much put that one out the window I think. Of course I agree that you shouldn't kill, rape, torture, steal and the rest of it. But you don't need religion for that. All you need is a conscience.

Thank you LI NA

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!