TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #50
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
They first played against each other in 2001 with their first 3 setter in 2002. I don't think Justine was going to play her yesterday, Amelie wouldn't have been much of a match nor Hingis so Venus or Serena was the obvious choice and Venus was a good choice as both she and Kim have enormous star quality and competed against each other over a long time frame. She has little or no history with most of the top 5 apart from Maria.
True and I didn't mean to insinuate that they hadn't played before 2005 just that Venus lead the H2H 6-2 before the USO 2005. I would hardly call that a rivalry as one poster did. I think Venus was a good choice but Kim easily could have attempted to play an exhibition against one of the world's current top ranked players and I feel she chose not to for a reason and I don't think that reason was her having a great "rivalry" with Venus. Have they played some amazing matches against one another over the years? Absolutely.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote