TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #49
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanw2008 View Post
GTFOH all I was saying is she chose not to play the top 3 in the world, she could have played this farewell match against anyone she wanted because she is that well liked among the players. Venus was NEVER Kim's main rival that would be Justine no matter how you try to look at it. The "rivalry" between Kim and Venus didn't even begin until 2005. I see trolling is always easy for you.
They first played against each other in 2001 with their first 3 setter in 2002. I don't think Justine was going to play her yesterday, Amelie wouldn't have been much of a match nor Hingis so Venus or Serena was the obvious choice and Venus was a good choice as both she and Kim have enormous star quality and competed against each other over a long time frame. She has little or no history with most of the top 5 apart from Maria.