TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #4595
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's pretty clear that you Europeans hate,with a passion,any minute trace of religion or faith,but I'll remind you that there's an almost-visible line of demarcation between simpletons who blindly accept religious dogma...and inspired,wise individuals who choose to believe in some sort of Deity/Divine Moral Judge,many of whom are the heroes/heroines of yesteryear.It's only in the last 50 years that blanket religion-hating has become the 'flavor of the month',and I don't see much evidence that we're any morally superior now than we were before the trend...if anything,we might be a little bit WORSE.......That's all for now---I hope that at least one person enjoyed the info about my country
That's not true at all. We don't hate religion with a passion in Britain and I'm sure the same goes in Europe. Some of my best friends are religious - some are atheists. We all get on just fine and the idea we'd hate each other about it is absurd. I see there's a lot of hate on these boards against anyone religious. But GM and these boards is all about hate anyway and is not representative of people in the real world.

What we don't have here is religious dogma tied to power and politics trying to ram dogma down our throats.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!