TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 1992

Thread: 1992
View Single Post

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #202
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: 1992

SABATINI MAKES QUICK WORK OF CAPRIATI
Sun-Sentinel
Thursday, July 2, 1992
JIM SARNI

WIMBLEDON, England -- Four points, two minutes.

That's all it took for Gabriela Sabatini to finish off Jennifer Capriati in the final set of their quarterfinal match at Wimbledon Wednesday.

''It was kind of weird,'' said Capriati, 16, after the 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 darkness-delayed defeat. ''Just before the match, I was all ready and psyched, saying 'Come on, you can come back and do it.' Then it's over in four points. It was a real bummer.''

Sabatini served out the match at love. Capriati hit a backhand long to end a long rally on the first point. Capriati netted a forehand passing shot on the second point. Sabatini cut off a passing shot with a nifty backhand volley on the third point, and Capriati netted a forehand return on match point.

''I'm really happy the way I played,'' said Sabatini, who will meet defending champion Steffi Graf in today's semifinals. ''I tried to attack and I took a lot of risks.''

Sabatini was not happy when Capriati finally got the match stopped at 5-3 Tuesday night.

''It was just one more game to finish, but she said she couldn't see anything, so there was nothing I could do about it,'' Sabatini said.

''I have trouble seeing anyway, and it is tougher for me at night,'' said Capriati.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote