TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #1790
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I saw it... and yes, maybe you should have. But it's GM, you know. That whole thread is just too much.
Well, it reminds me a bit of when Serena did that C-walk dance at Wimbledon. I doubt that anyone initially saw any harm in it or that they thought that she was paying tribute to California gangs when she obviously was just having a bit of fun. It was only after foxnews told everyone that they should be offended that many jumped on the bandwagon and suddenly were or pretended to be offended by it. But her fans and many others (including yours truly) immediately came to her defense as they should and called it a load of nonsense.

The Wozniacki thing now is something similar. The match was played on Friday but there were no accusations of racism until four days later when the media told the rest of us what we are supposed to think about it. The only difference is that in this case the majority doesn't come to the defense of Woz like they did with Serena. On the contrary, they consider filling her facebook and twitter pages with vile crap too much fun to even consider the possibility that Woz might actually NOT be a racist but that she was just having a bit of fun, just like Serena when she did the C-walk.

But Serena deserves consideration because she's 'The Lord' while Wozniacki is just 'a disgusting pusher with a fake personality', so I don't doubt that she'll continue to be a favorite target no matter what she says or does for as long as she plays. That's not much of a problem for Woz as long as it limits itself to TF where she or her fellow players probably never visit (I really hope they don't anyway), but 'the masses' bullying her on twitter and facebook takes it to a whole new level.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!