TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #4588
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But the last election in Belgium was also won by a right wing seperatist party even though a survey showed that the people who voted for them totally disagree with their political agenda. All this because the party leader is a charismatic figure who did very well in a daily quizz show over here where he won them over with his wicked sense of humour. Not much of a basis to vote for someone, but a clear demonstration of the fact that more often than not people have no idea what the're actually voting for.
With all due respect to our friendly chum Achemar,I've seen plenty of examples of this;though I understand why many folks identify with a certain political party,some folks take that to embarrassing extremes.Won't waste too much time discussing how the 2 big parties in the U.S. scheme to prevent any others from challenging their stranglehold but,as you can figure out,that not only limits choices it also produces candidates who are FAR less well-rounded.I've known some religious types who automatically voted for the GOP,and I've noticed some black-Americans(and many US Latinos)who don't even do one iota of research before voting for the Democrat;i.e.,if you somehow doctored the ballot to place a Ku Klux Klan member or a child molestor in the Democratic column,THAT'S whom they'd vote for

The other interesting point you touched on was the awesome power of the visual medium....IMO,behavioral psychology is the only branch of psychological studies that is a legit science because it is based so heavily on observed empirical data instead of empty conjecture and philosophy...and behavioral psychology shows that,though ALL of the media have the ability to strongly brainwash,the various visual media,such as TV,are the most effective.Even above-average thinkers can be unduly influenced there,and we don't need to mention what happens to the intellectually so-so or simpletons

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Oakland Raiders 0-4 with Dennis Allen as coach, 0-5 with Tony Sparano: A model of consistency
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!