TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Top 5 best matches your favourite has played on each surface...

View Single Post

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #29
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top 5 best matches your favourite has played on each surface...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistering View Post
Am I missing something? Is the Australian Open played indoors? I'm looking at the posters who mentioned Maria's win over Henin in 2008 :dunno: Anywho, for Sharapova

Outdoor hard
2008 AO QF: flawless performance, probably the best match of her career. Perfect serving and brutal groundstrokes, especially the backhand; there was no answer to what she was producing point after point. Not only was this the de facto final, it avenged her previous year embarrassment in the final and put an end to Henin's domination.

Indoor Hard
2007 YEC F: even though she lost it against Henin at the peak of her powers, it displayed how destructive her game could still be on a fast surface. Her serve was finally back and it sent a message going into 2008, especially given how easily Henin had dismissed everyone else that week.

Clay
2012 Stuttgart F: she overcame her demons regarding finals and her current nemesis Azarenka in the perfect display of power tennis on a slow surface. It showed how devastating her game had become on clay, from the kick serves, to the defensive slides on her backhand side, to how brutal her forehand comes if she just has that extra time to load up on it, and, in all honesty, I knew she was gonna go all the way at the French, Serena or not.
(Honorable mention to the RG SF against Kvitova. The way she routined Petra with an immaculate gameplan mixing offense and defense in THOSE conditions was a joy to watch)

Grass
2004 Wimbledon F: it was her 'star is born' moment. She shut down the 2 time defending champion at 17 years of age, leaving her with no answer whatsoever. Watching those 100% flat strokes skid on grass and flying past Williams gives me tennisgasms.
I think the roof was closed on RLA

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote