TennisForum.com - View Single Post - FFT Play off for GS WC?

View Single Post

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #4
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrock View Post
exactly they could add young talents like De Bernardi, Suvrijn, Hesse...
I would go for a 8 player format with knock out system.
6 best ranked players that are direct entry into Q draw of the GS to be played next with 2 WCs.
Possibly on the same surface as the GS to be played. For AO I guess Indoor is the only option. For Roland there would be no issue, same applies for US Open. For Wimbledon, hum it would be tricky... ok. Surely they could arrange to play somewhere in the UK with the agreement of the LTA.
With that system, older players like Razzano would at least have earned their WC through some effort & the younger players could only benefit from some practice against more experienced countrywomen.
It could create some competition and the players could only improve thanks to that!
Let me send my proposal to Alexandra Fusai! aha
Only WC in exchange with Tennis Autralia and USTA. In Wimbledon, WC are given by tournament director.

FFT choice is always difficult for non granted players. A tournament allows a fair choice : the winner.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote