TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 10,000$ Potchefstroom, South Africa, Dec03, winner: Chanel Simmonds

View Single Post

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #60
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 10,000$ Potchefstroom, South Africa, Dec03, winner: Chanel Simmonds

Quote:
Potchefstroom, South Africa – South African top seed, Chanel Simmonds was the victor on final day in Potchefstroom where the TSA NWU-PUKKE Futures tournament came to an end on Saturday.
The 20-year-old Simmonds beat third seeded Keren Shlomo 6-1 6-4 to lift the tournament trophy.
Despite easily clinching the opening set 6-1, Simmonds was made to fight hard in the second set for her victory. “I played a great first and came out firing and in the second set when Keren took a medical timeout. I think her arm was sore but after the time out she started playing better but I kept my composure and was able to pull it through.”
Simmonds said she was happy with her performance all week. “I didn’t lose a set all week and even though I was strongly challenged in my quarterfinal match against seventh seeded Estelle Cascino, I really am happy with my performance.”
Simmonds said the importance of international tournaments being hosted in South Africa could not be stressed enough as it gave her and other South African players a great opportunity to improve their rankings at home. “It is very nice to play local tournaments, I don’t have to fly ten hours somewhere to play and also this tournaments are a very good preparations for the New Year. I’m also going to Australia late this month, so it is very good to get some few matches now” said Simmonds following her win.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote