TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread.

View Single Post

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #468
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I think the main difference from Istanbul to now is her ball toss and her weight transference on her serve, the toss is more to the right and she jumps that way a little more making it easier to hit the outwide serve (but she's going to have to work on disguising it a bit better because it's easy to see where it's going) and her wrist work on her strokes. FH looks like she's using a lot more snap (similar to Ivanovic's almost) to generate more pace and spin, and also I've noticed the grip change is a lot bigger now from FH-BH. I think maybe she's taken the BH a little more flatter and also changed her takeback a little on that side too.
In short I think 2013 will be more about her serve and FH than her BH as has been most years since her shoulder surgery.
Yeah I loved the changes I saw in her forehand. For me the biggest issue with it post-surgery is that she doesn't get enough width on it, because where she would usually reverse the follow-through she was now hitting through it across her body (probs to alleviate stress on the shoulder, kind of like her overhead phobia) and the shot suffered because of it. But I feel like towards the end of the season she was getting a lot more width on the cross-court and was able to get her arm through the shot better on down the lines so it's a much crisper shot. She's absorbing pace a lot better on that side lately too. I'm sure it's just her becoming for comfortable with it.

The backhand looked slightly different too. Like more of an open racket face after the take-back, but it's still a beautiful shot like always.

What I really like about Hogstedt is that I feel he truly has a long-term approach to Maria's tennis. There have been steady improvements made basically since they started working together (when you take away a couple of injuries she's had). That's what makes me so excited for 2013, because there's nothing to say that these improvements won't continue.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Last edited by Stonerpova : Dec 10th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote