TennisForum.com - View Single Post - PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #79
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
I agree, the comparison with weeks at number one really isn't particularly helpful when it comes to peak vs peak and neither is the H2H imo. That said, I don't see how the H2H between Vidagany and Clijsters can prove a point here since the H2H between Vika and Masha is based on many more matches and therefore much more significant in general (still not necessarily in a peak vs peak discussion, so please don't get me wrong here).

I just don't see the point of discussing the peak of a player who is only 23 years old and still has room for improvement in her game. As I have read in this thread, also Maria fans think it's possible that her peak is still ahead of her, so again, what's the point of this thread (or any similar thread with other players, for that matter)? Unless of course you think it's interesting to discuss and compare the highest standard of play we have seen from either player thus far but in that case I think "peak" is a very misleading term.
Garcia and Clijsters have only had one match but "1" is also a number no matter how you'd like to see that. Temperenka clearly said that "Numbers will speak for themselves" hence there's no difference whether players had 30 matches or just the one. Garcia won that match and is therefore a better player than Clijsters according to Temperenka's logic. Maths and statistics are very simple to embrace and there isn't any room for speculations and other "buts" and "ifs".

and btw, Sharapova's peak was 2005-06. She's not winning another major (let alone any title) on fast surfaces and with it, you can't say the peak is still ahead of her by any means. We've never seen Peak Sharapova vs Peak Azarenka and never will despite the age proximity.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote