TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #933
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Vekic was never close to take even G1 title.
What are you smoking honey - last year she played a G1 final and lost in 3 That's pretty darn close to winning it.

- - -

When it comes to Konjuh vs Vekic comparissons, let's be patient. Yes, Ana seems to have more variety, but what we've seen from her was almost exclusively played at junior events. Seniors are a whole other story and we're yet to see how Ana will adapt, especially when the time comes for 25k's and above. Also, the two girls in question are totally different in terms of style, so it's really difficult to compare them. One thing I see as a major issue in Ana's game is probably her serve, which is not completely terrible, but is not exactly reliable, or at least it wasn't in the matches I've seen. She could never really utilize it as a serious weapon on a consistent basis.

Anyway, I think that by the end of next year we'll have a much clearer picture of the two players, but for now I'd restrain from comparissons. Potential is just that; as one college professor once said "when you're told you have a lot of potential, you're actually being told you're currently worth nothing" - a bit harsh, but not far from truth.
ma re is online now View My Blog!