TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #1790
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It's because:

1) It's a Cernosenk event

2) He REALLY wants her to play it.

3) Petra's too nice and gracious; while Cernosenk is too greedy and myopic (i.e. short term, short sighted view and viewpoints).

4) Once playing, Petra's competitive spirit and National pride come into the mix (like last years finals vs Hrdecka where she got hurt).

5) Based off of what I hear from some of the Czech Brethren here, it's really not THAT big of a deal per se (though it could be to a scrub like Lucie H., playing someone like Kvitova in a final there). However, even if it was, its still PRE PRE Season in the Czech Republic and therefore should be treated like practice (unless you're already in good physical condition and tennis shape for further exertion) for a "top player" like Petra.

Last year Lucie was farther along in her tennis playing at the time than Petra and Kvitova--unfortunately got caught up in the moment, and hurt. This is one of the several reasons why Petra's association with the Cernosenk Cabal is an ass backwards relationship, as far as I'm concerned. Too much control/hands in the cookie jar.

Petronius seems to regard Extraliga as a big deal though. Last year he seemed really excited that Lucie H. beat Petra and gave it/her all relevance, pomp & ceremony, and kudos here. I on the other hand and some others (with all respect to the Czech posse), couldn't care less, cause we could see the bigger picture and goals for Petra.

Note: I apologize to the Czech Posse for any incorrect spellings.
Well,as outsiders,it's hard for us to have a clear perspective on how big it is(or ISN'T).Even our swell fellow Petronius might not be giving us a totally accurate picture;i.e.,it might be big to HIM...to the point where he might exaggerate just a bit.I could cite examples of some American soccer geeks who swore up and down how huge the sport was supposedly becoming in their country and,if you didn't know any better,you'd be inclined to believe them based on their ardor

Navrat and Lendl are both proud Czechs(well,you could call Martina half-gringa almost,really);I wonder what THEY would advise Petra to do......maybe I'll send one of them an e-mail,actually

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote