TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship, USA, GA

View Single Post

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #152
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship, USA, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
If my math is right, Katerina would end the year with #1 ranking if she wins the final and Taylor loses her doubles semi (playing now). The final points tally would be Katerina with 1378.75 points and Taylor 1360.

Would be shocking if Taylor and Gabby lost to Dunne/Makarova though...
What I'm confused about is that at the beginning of the tourney they said Taylor had to reach the finals in order to secure number 1, but then the USTA released something after she reached the semis that she had clinched it. I would think they wouldn't have released that news had they not been 100% sure, but who knows.

Regardless of the loss, it's been a great year for Taylor. She has loads to be proud of and I'm really looking forward to seeing how her game progresses as she plays more on the pro tour. Am I the only one that thinks playing the junior slams might still be a good idea for her though? I'm a huge proponent of players not lingering in juniors, however it is not like Taylor is dominating at this level in singles. She has had some great singles results of course, but her doubles results are what have really locked up number one for her. It might be a good idea for her to complement a pro-heavy schedule with just playing the junior slams. Sloane and Melanie both did that at 17 if I remember correctly.

Konjuh is really someone to watch out for. Sounds like she's matured a ton both physically and in her game... I'll be interested to see how she does this next year.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote