TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #1787
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Well, according to our resident reporter and record compiler--Petronius, Petra's not doing and mountain or beach boot camp type training this year.
You're not in Kansas anymore New coach has his own methods and she doesn't have to go to mountains, it's not like she's in Rocky movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

Petronius seems to regard Extraliga as a big deal though. Last year he seemed really excited that Lucie H. beat Petra and gave it/her all relevance, pomp & ceremony, and kudos here. I on the other hand and some others (with all respect to the Czech posse), couldn't care less, cause we could see the bigger picture and goals for Petra.
Good thing you didn't read Petra's comment about going for the title Actually, it's kinda big event, on women's side there would be a lot of famous players outside of Czech gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
I really don't see this event as a problem. Many of Petra's competitors will be playing in similar offseason events, like the Milan thing and the top 3 now at the Brazilian shaving exhibition (). Petra is close to home, so has no loss of time to travelling. She's been training for a few weeks now, so no reason why she shouldn't be in good enough shape.
Problem that this is not a exho, extraliga treated like a serious event but Petra around that time not really psychically ready to play 100% tennis, last year she pushed herself beyond what should be during preparations before tennis seasons and basically screwed her whole 2012 season because of that. If she stays in bounds not pushing herself too far, i guess everything would be ok. Winning title could be one more confidence push to play good in 2013 but Petra should put her health first by avoiding last year mistake
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote