TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #1423
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's impossible to make any conclusions based on an exho, especially when it comes to Caro. I've never known her to do well in any of them, not even when she was at her best. Part of the reason is that I don't think she really cares and she needs the intensity of a real match to be effective. Maria is different because she's such a great shotmaker and can hit winners even if she's only giving it 60%. But even by her own exho standards Caro played pretty poorly here and at times Maria really tried to keep her in the match I feel. But she has three more weeks to sort herself out before the real tennis starts, so we'll see.
I know, it's weird because 3 weeks isn't a long time to the normal person but it's amazing the improvements a player can make in 3 weeks. I'm not sure there's any other sport where the athletes can straighten out so many things/improve so much in such short spaces of times but then the calendar requires it.