TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YOU VOTED: Venus and Ana are favourites for Hopman Cup powerfull season start!

View Single Post

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #35
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of
Re: Hopman Cup 2013: Which girl will have powerfull 2013 start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
I know Venus is just too powerful for Ana to handle, pretty bad match-up
You know what i don't even think it's a power issue in this match up.

I definately think Ana is conscious of the h2h and thats effected their recent encounters, but more that Venus still moves well enough round the court to avoid getting punished by Ana's forehand too much, and then is good enough off the ground to punish all the short backhands she'll get and take advantage of how up and down Ana's serving can be.

Venus also seems to always bring her serve to matches with Ana. The last 2 come to mind, their matches at Eastbourne and Miami are 2 of her best serving displays since 2010. Her loss to Ana in Australia the serve disappeared all match!

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote