TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1767
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?
That's how I see it, too. Deep inside, she obviously wants to win as much as possible, she's just reducing the hype, while sticking to the 'under-promise over-deliver' concept.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote