TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #1766
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Very disappointing interview for those who want Petra to become No. 1 and multiple grand slam champion. The girl is much more humble and sober and less ambitious then some fans may want her to be.

A few comments on the upcoming season:

I don't think about breaking into TOP3
I want to win some tournament
I hope that my successes will continue and that I'll repeat the last season
I will play FedCup against Australia, then we'll see
It's great that early in the season I won't be flooded with 'When will you be No. 1?' questions like last year

BTW, during the Fed Cup final, Petra said 'I'm satisfied with my season, my results were more stable, less ups and downs'

As mac47 once said, Petra never believed in her own hype. She just wants to play her best tennis, without setting any specific goals. If it's enough to win slams, then great, if not, no problem for her either and life will go on. She has $10 million in the bank and has already won the biggest individual tournament, the biggest team tournament and was voted player of the year.

My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?

Last edited by honzaneumannn : Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote