TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #1357
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufflemutts View Post
Firstly I think you need to chillax a bit, Call-Me-Dave style. Seriously calm down. You said in the previous post you don't know what to choose but if you at least know what you want to do (be it one thing or more), then it's a start. So what do you want? And can't you go somewhere else in Australia for university? Regardless of what you choose, it will not fuck up the rest of your life. Believe me IT WON'T. Go for something you'd enjoy studying and doing for 3/4 years and do not worry too much about other people/job prospects/etc. (This will haunt you in your final year so there is no need to panic about it now ) I keep doubting whether I made the right decision or not and in hindsight I would have loved to have chosen a different field. But I do not regret studying what I am studying now. It gave me the chance to explore. And this is something that many overlook: university is about exploration. It's not the end of the world if you find out what you thought you wanted to do isn't really what you want to do. You're still young too Steven and I know it feels like a huge decision (because it is) but it is not the be all end all. You can always go back to university (Okay I know about the fees, etc. I have to pay over 40k for a degree with no loans ) but as long as you keep looking at it from this perspective of yours, things will get messy and quickly. I still have no idea what I really want to do but I've learnt not to dwell too much on it. I have several options written down and I'll go from there. Just my two cents, sorry no refunds.
aw haha don't worry I'm actually relatively calm I just like to be a bit dramatic

I tried to take this approach, honestly, but it's really tough to not think about the bigger picture. Im aware that it's not gonna be the end of th eworld tho and the fact that we r still young and can make mistakes and can still fix it but idk.

my brother actually opened my eyes to a different perspective/different way of going about this and i think it makes the most sense ever (altho admittedly mindfucked me even harder) but i really think his way of going about this is really the best i've heard.

i'll post it up in a sec just typing it out slowly. idk if it'll be useful to anyone here but it certainly was for me.

craigster good luck with whatever's happening, i haven't been following this thread my bad and thanks!!!!! you're such a sweetheart I think it will just need to think about it a bit more ahhh