TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bonus points change for 2013 - a poll

View Single Post

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #10
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bonus points change for 2013 - a poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
@ coolfish1103: thanks for your suggestion. Something similar was posted in the discussion threads by SamR03A (Haakon), but his idea centered around limiting the number of players that would get points in each round. The goal, however, was similar to what you have in mind, to reward more generously the number of correct picks, and not as much wins in advanced rounds. We decided, however, to go for something different, although in a similar direction - to make big tournaments more important than they were so far, which will be something interesting to try in the coming season.

If I understand correctly, you suggest here to abolish bonus points completely and just multiply tournament points with 1,5 for IS, 2 for Premiers etc.? If that's the case, the idea is interesting, but I see one possible problem with it. See, with tournament points we often get ties, which are resolved through guessing the number of games etc. If your idea would be implemented, these ties in points would also transfer to the ranking list (cause - example - 40x1,5=60 so if several people would have 40 points at the end of an IS, they'd also all have 60 points from that tournament). This would increase the risk of having ties in the rankings at the end of the season as well, when top 8 have to qualify for the YEC.

I'm not saying the whole idea is bad, just that you maybe haven't really thought everything through. Of course, whenever you have an idea for which you think that it could improve the game, feel free to post it in one of the discussion threads
Well, you could use the TBs to determine the multiplier - so if the table is

1) Frederik 41pts * 1.5
2) coolfish 40pts * 1.3
3) Håkon 40pts * 1.15
4) ma re 40pts * 1.15

the rankings would be

1) Frederik 61.5pts
2) coolfish 52pts
3) Håkon 46pts
4) ma re 46pts

You're correct that it would tie 3rd and 4th, but that already happens under the current system.

Have to say I like coolfish' suggestion more. In fact, possibly more than my own.
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson | Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Weijers
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote