TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2012

View Single Post

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #50
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
like what? not feeling welcome in some other part of europe? hell, in some other part of their own country? sorry, but you have no idea.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't really mean just Europeans - this is more a white/non-white situation. Yes, I understand that there are social and cultural issues everywhere. But the instances where a non-Westerner/non-white traveler faces issues with xenophobia are can't really be compared with the reverse. White people and Westerners are mostly prized when they go out traveling to non-Western/non-white destinations. Regardless of what drives these experiences, there is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
If you consider this racism, yes, you are definitely an over-sensitive queen. Everything can be racism then. Good luck in life. You'll need it
As an American, I reckon that I may be wired to think that even the littlest things can be a sign of racism, but this is not one of those instance. You've obviously dismissed my claim so I'm not going to make a big to do about it. It is what it is. I didn't mean to suggest that you're a racism, but not everyone is like you. And generally, I try not to pay attention to things like this as my desire to travel trumps whatever issues I may face while doing it, but xenophobia in Spain and Italy exists.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote