TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

View Single Post

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #28
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

There are a lot of factors at play. There have also been some studies that suggest segregation (which is a legacy of racism, of course) make it harder for some people to "read" people from a different ethnic group. (Speaking as a large white guy, I sometimes have to say I get looks of major fear for no reason I can discern when I encounter Hispanics and black in my neighborhood). And I know that happens to nonwhite friends of mine all the time, especially the larger male ones.

Now, most of us would assume that a carload of kids listening to music is probably not a threat. (An annoyance, maybe, but isn't that why every teenage boy in the history of EVER jacks up the stereo in his car and plays it too loud?) But if you are scared of a group of black kids, why do you go and hassle them? Unless you have a gun and are looking for trouble? And you're too ignorant to be able to tell the difference between a bunch of normal boys cuttin' up and boys are inclined to do, or kids who are genuinely hard cases?

Just shut up, pump your gas and leave.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote