TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1750
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I donīt know much. They said MMA and kung-fu. He is from Slovakia.
OK, he was a fighter, whether Kung Fu, Wrestling, etc. All those disciples (your background or foundation) can fall under MMA when you fight anyway. Maybe the guy can be good. I don't know.

One of my problems would be, how/why do you take months to choose a guy that you already knew in the first place--whose resume (unless I can be shown otherwise) is quite shaky to begin with?

Is this all Cernosek could come up with after such a long search?

If I was Petra, I'd be pissed (unless they can show me how phenomenal this guy was) that Cernosek would choose a Lucie Retread for me. Could you ever see Vika, Masha, Serena or even Caro (when she was still # 1 and cared) choosing this guy?

Last year, Caro's father (and rightfully so) was supposedly interested in Ivanko, cause he took a overweight player, who slimmed down, won a Grand Slam and YEC, and almost became number one and made great strides in a short amount of time. That move would have made sense. Instead, Petra gets Lucie Safarova's left overs/sloppy seconds as her new fitness coach. SMH

Petra should be choosing the best people (either for her or Period) available to her, not sheepishly accepting Cernosek Cronies like the Good Soldier or Comrade.

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 5th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote