TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

View Single Post

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #84
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've always thought of Maria as the most 'bash-prone' of the top players. For 2011 and 2012 combined she tops the stats for the UE ratio (ahead of Na and then Petra), but is 3rd (behind Serena and Petra) for the winners ratio.

Which would indeed imply that for the last two years, Maria has been (on average, and only just) the player least able to control her aggressive play at the slam level
Maria has hundreds of fans on this forum so don't expect this forum to admit that her ballbashing is even more brainless than that of Petra and Li in spite of the hard statistics

As you can see from additional posts, the myth continues, with people putting Li and Petra ahead of Maria

BTW, I think some netplay statistics (net points / net attempts) might be also interesting.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote