TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Official Married Names Thread

View Single Post

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #923
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official Married Names Thread

I have the following for Helen Marlowe:

Quote:
MARLOWE, HELEN
United States
Born 1911 in Shoshone, Idaho, US
Died 24 July 1947 in Los Angeles, US
Married William “Bill” Joseph Dimitrijevic* (1909-1981) between October 1932 and early 1933-divorced by 1941, when she is once again using her maiden name.

Married name sometimes rendered as Dmitrijevic. Her husband a US Naval Academy Grad.
Helen was a graduate of the University of Southern California. Still married in 1936 when she played in the Phillipines-presumably her husband stationed there. After the divorce he remarried a Gwendolyn Windsor.

In 1933 the married Helen beat Alice Marble in a Southern Californai match lasting more than 3 hours. She enlisted in in the US Marine Corps in 1943 and optained the rank of Captain. Ill for a year before her early death.

As my 1911 is an estimate it is highly likely your exact date is correct Jimbo.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!