TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

View Single Post

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #67
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Something like this.....

1. Li
2. Kvitova
3. Sharapova
4. Williams
5. Stosur
6. Azarenka
7. Kerber
8. Radwanska
9. Errani
10. Wozniacki

Some probably consider it a compliment to be at or near the top of the list and an insult to be in the lower regions, but I don't think that either one is true. I don't see why, say, Wozniacki's defensive game is a negative while I should get excited because on a bad day Li and Kvitova play baseball instead of tennis.
I don't think it's an insult to be at the top or bottom, we're just comparing how the top 10 games stack up against each other. (The term BBB and pusher are too broad,IMO) Some are more offensive minded(kvitova) and others are more defensive minded(Radwanska)while one player has the best of both worlds(Serena). One strategy may be more useful than another depending on the surface or at a specific time in a match.