TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

View Single Post

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #44
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rank the top 10 players from "BBB" to "pusher"

So basically, I'm ignoring the "brainless" part and just ranking them from players who have most aggressive strategies to most defensive:

01 Kvitova (definitely as pure a ballbasher as possible)

02 Serena (this is based on both Peakrena and 2012 version, who wins the points with 1-3 huge shots; the 2008-10 version, who played with more controlled aggression, would be #4 in this list)

03 Sharapova (doesn't on average win her points in quite as quick points as the top 2, but still typically looks to dictate to some extent from the beginning of the rally)

04 Stosur (a bit more of an enigma....plays more high-% than the top 3 in terms of raw pace and shot placement, but her shots are SO heavy that it doesn't matter)

--

05 Li (counterpuncher in the sense that she's at her best when absorbing and redirecting pace from her opponent, but she is prepared to go for it when she's in control of the point)

06 Azarenka (struggled to decide what order to put Aza and Li in....I feel like Li is more of an instinctive risk-taker, but at the same time, Aza is more capable of actually dictating a point from the beginning because her groundstrokes are so much more technically-sound)

--

07 Errani (even if she has less natural power than those below her, her mindset is still more aggressive and she does look to take charge of points if her opponent lets her)

08 Kerber

09 Radwanska (game consists of ~90% defense, but atleast occasionally takes on a semi-risky shot)

10 Wozniacki (truly only goes for a winner when the shot is a 100% can't-miss)

Last edited by dsanders06 : Dec 4th, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote