TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #1183
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Yeah. It actually does. Well, I'm referring to the short term as in disposable income at Uni.
Also, have you seen the new fee repayment scheme?
I think they've mapped it the next economy crash because NOBODY other than doctors will end up paying even half of it back.

In London you get you 7k loan which accommodation will eat up about 6k of. And you get a pretty much 3.5k grant depending on family income, and dependant on family income again you'll likely get at least another 1k bursary. So that leaves you with roughly 5/5.5k to feed and clothe yourself over the year.

Now In Dublin, as I live in NI I would still be working through Student Finance NI. This means that I get a 5k loan which my rent will eat up instantly and then you get a 2k grant, there might be a 1k bursary but I'm not sure so that's like 3k to feed and clothe yourself for the year.

Although the All Ireland scholarship gets you 6k for 4 years, you just need close to full marks in 3 of your A-Level subjects.

And I'm also a mess when it comes to what I want to do. I wanted to do Neuroscience but funding has been heavily cut in a lot of places for it so I'm applying for Medicine (which is what I wanted to do before Neuroscience). Although I still have this calling to do English but there isn't much point in today's economic climate doing it somewhere other than a top UK Uni. Which would definitely require a gap year and means no to the AI scholarship.