TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Why do tennis fans accept lesbian tennis stars yet no one in ATP out of closet?

View Single Post

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM   #41
country flag espana

espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all espana is a name known to all
Re: Why do tennis fans accept lesbian tennis stars yet no one in ATP out of closet?

I think a player can benefit from revealing that he's gay. Look at Frank Ocean - before he revealed he's gay he was basically unknown, but after, he became a huge star, his album was released early due to high demand from fans - it went #1 on iTunes, he got invited to lots of shows and music awards. It's expected that he'll be nominated for several Grammys and other musicians praised him for coming out. I think the first one to come out could potentially really benefit from it. Society is more acceptable of gays & lesbians than ever.