TennisForum.com - View Single Post - All Other Romanian Girls Thread

View Single Post

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM   #228
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All Other Romanian Girls Thread

I don't expect anything from Alexandra D. to be honest. I still don't have a clue how serious that injury really was and how long it will take for her to recover, but it would be awesome to see her sweeping the ITF clay swing à la Torro-Flor this year.

From Sorana I would expect her at least to cut off those emberrassing losses by 50% which would be enough by current standards to let her finish this year inside or close to the Top 20. Winning a MM tournament would be great as well. She will get her chances.

I don't know what to expect from Simona. Her coaching situation seems to be a mess. Instead of expecting results, I'd rather expect her to work even more on her fitness, the results will come from alone then, she is one of the most consistent young players out there.

Irina-Camelia is the girl I'm expecting most to be honest, simply because I know how good she can really be and how little she shows of her actual capabilities out there. Everything else than finishing outside the Top 30 given an injury-free preperation for once would be a disappointment.

Monica should finish the year well inside the Top 50 again, trolling TF a bit and maybe she eventually gets that Luxembourg title we all long for.

In regard of Alexandra C., finishing the year inside the Top 100 again and winning 1 grand slam main draw match (at the FO) would be fully enough to make me happy. Maybe she can grab another 100k ITF title next year.

From the other girls I hold up my hopes for Cristina Dinu most to make some serious progress. But it will have to go step by step.
Elena Bogdan is a complete mess, so is Raluca. I hope they can pull themselves together, but I really don't see it happening.