TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Chapter 15: "I'm the Liquorice Bitch"

View Single Post

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #2663
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Chapter 15: "I'm the Liquorice Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Bitch, shove this bullshit back up your cunt. Ain't nobody got the time for the excuses why Beyonce ain't doing shit for the gays. Big whoop, the black gays love her and she's their idol. Big fucking whoop. What does that have to do with the numerous amount of social issues those black gay men are facing?

Gaga's act can get stale, corny, and annoying at times and maybe even a little patronizing but there's times when she really knocks it out of the park. As gay men, we know how deep and real the issues are but the American public doesn't give two squirts of duck shit about how deep issues really go.

And the random pop icons comment, let's get one thing straight: Gaga is bigger world wide than Beyonce will ever be. Ever. No matter how many times Tina and Matthew try to resell Solange's soul to Satan, it will never happen.
The bolded part: I don't understand what that has to do with any of the points I made.

It's a complex issue, we see things very differently. I don't see why her role as an entertainer should act as a pre-requisite for her involvement in every social movement. She's huge in Brazil too, does that mean she has to be active in that socio-political space? GaGa has a lot of black fans, does that mean we should be bothered about her involvement in issues facing them? That's not why I am a fan, it's unhealthy to require that much from entertainers.

I do get what you are saying though, you don't see the same activism in B. There are SO many reasons (or 'excuses') for that. LBV's talked about personality, that's important but also where they grew up, the sort of experiences they've had etc. NO.1 THERE ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!