TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sofia "Sonya" Kenin

View Single Post

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #17
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofia "Sonya" Kenin

Eddie Herr U14 turned out to be a great tournament with a very disappointing ending.
Suprisingly (she wasn't the favorite) until the final she was totally dominating the field winning easily against quality opponents without dropping more than 3 games in a set: 6/0 6/0; 6/3 6/1; 6/2 6/2; 6/3 6/0; 6/3 6/2. It seemed that the final would be the same story when she was 6:1 5:2 up againts Fanny Stollar from Hungary but then she choked massively while her opponent raised her level and eventually Sofia lost 6/1 5/7 3/6.
I really liked her game - very mature for her age. She hits quite hard, has great variety, mixes up the pace, has nice drop shots, creates nice angles and seemed pretty composed until the choke happened. She doesn't really have any big weaknesses (well she's short and you could see that her limited reach did hurt her a few times) and should be developing into a very good player.
It was probably the biggest match of her career, so I can understand the choke, hopefully she'll learn from this and take the title at Orange Bowl

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote