TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:11 AM   #1086
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I guess the temptation to dismiss the final is because it was "just" Errani, whereas the SF was against someone who beat her in a Slam final less than 12 months before. But I do agree her play in the final was very good too. I'm not sure it was *quite* as good as the SF for me, purely because in the SF she hit a few more "WOW!" shots, whereas in the final she was playing a more deliberately high-% game. But, with that said, for all the talk from some GMers of Maria's Career Grand Slam being undeserved because she supposedly didn't adapt her game to clay, imo Maria's play in that RG final was about as close to a classic claycourt strategy as we're going to get from any top player in the post-Henin WTA.
I can't at some people, that's the reason she won.
Maria is never going to be able to Schiavone or Henin her way about a clay court. I wouldn't be surprised if these past two season of hers becomes the prototype when teaching power players how to play on clay.

Last edited by jameshazza : Dec 2nd, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
jameshazza is online now View My Blog!