TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

View Single Post

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #6
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
After murdering this kid he goes back to the hotel and then drives home. What a cold hearten excuse for a human being but that's Florida for you.
And of course his lawyer immediately referenced the 'Stand Your Ground' defense.
Quote:
Michael Dunn Shoots, Kills Unarmed Black Teen Jordan Davis

By Michael Allen, Tue, November 27, 2012

Michael Dunn, of Satellite Beach, Florida, was in Jacksonville this past weekend for his son’s wedding.

Jordan Davis, 17, and some other teens were sitting in a SUV in a parking lot when Dunn parked next to them and asked the youths to turn down their music.

Jordan Davis and Dunn argued over the music, then Dunn, who is a gun collector, pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, hitting Jordan twice, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

Jordan Davis' father Ron Davis said his unarmed son died in the arms of a friend in the SUV.

Dunn and his girlfriend took off, but witnesses wrote down their license plate number, according to the police.

The couple was staying in a Jacksonville hotel when they heard a news report Saturday morning about the shooting, so they drove home to Satellite Beach, Florida.

Dunn was arrested at his home on Saturday and charged with murder and attempted murder. He is being held without bail.

Dunn’s attorney said that he acted responsibly and in self-defense. Dunn may use Florida’s 'Stand Your Ground' law, which became famous after the Trayvon Martin killing.

Opposing Views (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...n-jordan-davis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Why the fuck do you even pick a fight over music at a gas station?

I can understand saying something (not shooting someone) if, say, it's a neighbor at your apartment or home at something, but at a damn gas station? Like you can't pump gas and drive off in two or three minutes and put up with somebody else's music? I mean that's just stupid.
My guess is because you wanna kill someone and you know the state of Florida will have your back.

Last edited by JN : Nov 28th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote