TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

View Single Post

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #95
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Mao has such a presence and a command over the ice. Her footwork sequences and skating skills are top notch. And Swan Lake suits her beautifully. If you look at the protocols for NHK you can see why she won. She had a pretty big lead over Akiko after the short and that was the difference.

[/fanboyrant]
Akiko's program was beauty personified...it was effortless and everything I want my figure skating to be but she was behind opts after the SP so to move up from 5th to almost winning is a testament to how well she skated. Mao was probably the most surprised she won and her home crowd didn't even support the win. I think skating has been a lot better since the 6.0 system has been gone but her street cred did play a role IMO. I'm okay with the results but in my eyes the best performance of the competition belonged to Akiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
What about pair skating?
Sorry I hate pairs skating, well I don't hate it but it's my least favorite but I do root for Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov I have no idea who the rest of them are.

Tatiana/Maxim
Savchenko/Szolkowy (kinda surprised they finished second)
Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Pang Qing / Tong Jian
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote