TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #613
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I'm happy about the award, despite I wouldn't have given it to her, for being crap for most of the year. I hope next year she will be consistent during the whole season.
Yep. It's one of those things where you can see why they gave it to her, but at the same time there's a very convincing case for not doing so too. It should have been Stevens, from the people on the list.

As for next year, consistency would be good, and I've got hope for it. If she can stay injury free and utilise her groundies like she did at USO she's going to cause some upsets. A consistent serve would be the icing on the cake, but I wouldn't really call it a weapon at this stage.

EDIT: Something that's true but hasn't been mentioned, Laura's first serve win percentage (68.7%) this year was the tenth best in the WTA.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Nov 27th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote